Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The crafts I love

My mother taught me how to crochet when I was about 5 or 6 years old.  For years though, I could only remember how to do a double crochet stitch in a granny square pattern.  Very limiting to say the least.  Over the last few months, I have invested large amounts of time into YouTube videos, web page tutorials and teaching myself how to finally read crochet patterns.  Oh how the possibilities are endless now!!!!  I would classify myself as a semi-pro at this point.  

I also enjoy sewing, but that's one of those, I gotta be in the mood to do it, kind of crafts.  I only like sewing purses or crafts.  I have never really enjoyed sewing clothing.  I will, and I have, but it's just not my thing.  

I dabble in scrapbooking from time to time, but I like instant or at least quick gratification and pleasure, and scrapbooking is just all too time consuming.  I have a nice collection of scrapbooking tools and accessories, but I reserve that hobby for boring cold winter days or hot rainy weeks (like at home in the south) when there just isn't anything else to do.  

Last, but certainly not least, I love to cook.  I love to bake.  I just love being in the kitchen.  I love trying new delicious sounding recipes and adding to our family favorites.  Recently, Pinterest has been my go to spot for new recipes.  

Now let me share a few of my recent crochet creations :) 


This fingerless glove pattern was found on the Red Heart website and I just made up the owl features.  


I loved this pattern, not necessarily the fact that it is an owl, but the overall design of the purse itself, so versatile (as you will see).  The pattern can be purchased from ZoomYummy on Etsy.  She writes amazing patterns with tons of full color pictures and very easy to read instructions.  


See, very versatile pattern!


and one last use of this pattern :)


The Bama Sock Monkey Hat (people love hats)!
This was just a basic earflap beanie pattern, I used the pattern below to create the face for this cute little monkey!! ROLL TIDE!!!


Jacey is crazy about sock monkeys, so I couldn't resist making her this adorable little drawstring bag.
Pattern can by found here:


I am working on a series of these angry bird hats for my nephews, this is the first one completed.
Again, just a basic earflap beanie pattern and I borrowed the face features from the this great pattern:


One of my favorites, so far!  Monster hat, made for Tony's rambunctious little nephew, Michael, who refuses to acknowledge me, but I think he is just adorable!  I made this from a basic earflap beanie pattern, made the facial features up as I went.  Turned out quite cute if I must say so myself!


Just too cute not to try!  Minnie Mouse hat. 
The left ear looks kind of wonky in this picture, but it was actually the same size as the right and they ended up quite symmetrical in placement.
Pattern can be found here:

So that's all I have for today, lots of cute little hats in the work though, so more to come....

Have a great day and thanks for reading my post!!

:)









1 comment:

  1. Please note: These are my own personal photos, PLEASE do not use them nor portray them as yours!!! Thank YOU!!!

    Catisha

    ReplyDelete